Temp Register Visitor & Education Engmt – MoAD
|Closing date:||June 30, 2021|
|Institution:||Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House|
|Salary:||$58,123 to $63,512|
|Location :||Parkes ACT|
|Contact name:||Recruitment Officer, 02 6270 8297|
Housed in one of Australia’s most prominent national heritage-listed buildings, the Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD) at Old Parliament House was the first museum in Australia dedicated to telling the story of the journey of our democracy. It seeks to provide a range of innovative exhibitions, tours, interpretation, education programs, and public activities that will inspire and challenge visitors to explore democracy from its ancient roots to the present day and possible futures.
The key duties of the position include:
The Temporary Employment Register for Visitor and Education Engagement allows candidates to submit an expression of interest to work at MoAD in one or all of the following teams:
Present high-quality education programs onsite and online, assist with project work, and support public programs
Museum Experience Team
Provide high-quality interactions with museum visitors (such as entry management, retail sales, and handling phone calls) in addition to delivering and supporting a range of museum public programs including tours, events, and facilitating activities.
Museum Engagement Team
Provide high-quality engagement opportunities for museum visitors including facilitating informal learning with children and adults in the PlayUP exhibition and other museum spaces and assist with the development of new experiences including undertaking basic research and analysis.
All positions work under general supervision and involve engaging with our diverse audiences in a range of ways to enhance their experience at the museum. Common requirements for these positions include good people skills and the ability to give presentations that may involve standing for long periods of time.
Some of these positions involve wearing a uniform. All positions are required to support compliance with agency security and heritage requirements. Successful applicants may work in one or more of the positions, depending on your skills and experience, and the availability of shifts.
To be successful in these positions you will be able to demonstrate or provide evidence to support your ability to:
- Work effectively within a small team, share knowledge, show initiative and take responsibility for personal development,
- Demonstrate excellent people skills, enjoy working with visitors of all ages and have the ability to deliver and support a range of engaging public programs,
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Be responsive and flexible in meeting changing priorities,
- There is no guarantee that an offer of employment will be made while your application remains on the register. You will only be contacted regarding your application if a vacancy arises that matches your skills and experience,
Applications will remain on our temporary register to 30 June 2021.
Applicants who accept a position with MoAD must:
- Be an Australian Citizen,
- Be willing to undergo and maintain a security clearance process at the baseline level, and
- Register and receive prior to commencement a Working with Vulnerable People card
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.