Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Rarely do roles like this come along.
A unique opportunity exists to connect customers with Tamaki Paenga Hira Auckland Museum: its stories, its people, its experiences, and it’s very special venue spaces for hire.
Positioning Auckland Museum as a must see for visitors to the city, you will be a passionate champion for tourism.
In addition you will lead commercial event sales for the National (non AKL based) and international market within what is arguably Auckland’s most iconic heritage listed building.
Reporting to the Head of Sales you’ll develop and deliver sales strategies which deliver on sales, visitation & profitability targets.
We are looking for a commercially driven, self-motivated and energetic Sales Manager to join our team.
Along with energy, initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude, you’ll have:
- Previous experience in driving sales in tourism and event, hospitality or related industries
- Senior level sales experience with a proven track record in delivering results
- Professional and meaningful industry relationships achieved through business development activities and active networking
- An entrepreneurial nature with the ability to build partnerships and create win-win situations
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people
- The ability to gather and interpret customer and market intelligence to inform decisions and plans
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and the team.
- An understanding of financial reports including budgets and forecasts relating to sales activity and the ability to manage costs within agreed parameters
- A very genuine passion for people
The flexibility to travel nationally and overseas is necessary to represent and promote the organisation.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 11691.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.