Museums Victoria, Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking casual Venue Coordinators to work as part of a venue team, safely and effectively facilitating client event activity within Museums Victoria venues in line with established event documentation.
The role is a hands on physical role, providing a rare opportunity to work in some of Melbourne’s most unique event spaces.
Working with Museum Spaces and Events team, some core functions of this position include:
- Implement and review customised event documentation including but not limited to floor plans, event orders, licensee and exhibitor manuals, and venue standard operating procedure; communicate relevant event information throughout the event.
- Work with the operations team, clients, contractors and visitors to coordinate the resolution of operational issues, at times without direct supervision and be a first point of contact (as directed), ensuring client satisfaction without compromising safety or security and in line with standard operating procedures.
Relevant skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in the exhibitions and events industry, including a good working knowledge of current building codes, fire safety, risk management, and regulatory requirements, including Occupational Health and Safety, Food Handling & Preparation and Liquor Licensing.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and implementing event related plans for large scale events.
- Demonstrated experience delivering internal and external customer focused services and solutions through effective team work and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve client related issues independently while ensuring client satisfaction and a high level of service is maintained.
Reporting to Event Operations Manager, this is an exceptional opportunity for a committed individual to apply their skills and gain experience in supporting the Museum Spaces and Events team.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.