Visitor Experience Host Team Leader – NMA
|Closing date:||November 30, 2022|
|Institution:||National Museum of Australia|
|Salary:||$73,351 to $78,411|
|Location :||Acton ACT|
|Contact name:||Darren Rodda, (02) 2608 5322|
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the Visitor Experience Team as a Host Team Leader. Our large and diverse team of hosts interact with visitors, encouraging them to engage with Museum exhibitions and to enter into conversation about our themes.
Working closely with another Host Team Leader, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Museum’s front-of-house operations, including:
- developing and facilitating daily host rosters, and responding and coordinating requests for leave
- identifying and assessing individual and team development needs, including conducting and completing individual workplace conversations, work plans and face-to-face performance management and documentation
- ensuring the smooth operation of front-of-house services and facilities, including proactively responding to emergencies and workplace health and safety (WHS) issues
- facilitating the effective delivery of information and collection interpretation to the team and visitors
- contributing to the management of the section by implementing policy and procedures, and effectively handling visitor enquiries, feedback and complaint resolution in line with the Museum’s Client Service Charter
- completing administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner, including the operation and management of the point-of-sale system, online/onsite ticketing systems and visitor booking queries
- working closely with colleagues and supervisors to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the section.
The key duties of the position include:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record managing large and diverse teams in a fast-paced customer service environment, preferably within the cultural sector. They must have an in-depth understanding of service delivery and team management within a complex and dynamic changing environment, and the ability to make informed decisions quickly and provide advice promptly.
The incumbent will have proven experience in taking responsibility and achieving quality outcomes. They will be a methodical thinker who is flexible, adaptable and experienced in dealing with ambiguity. They will be a strong communicator, with proven capacity to effectively plan and organise their own work and the work of others.
Ready to apply?
Visit https://www.nma.gov.au/about/employment and apply online.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.