Visitor Experience Officer – Queensland Museum
|Closing date:||May 2, 2022|
|Salary:||$33.35 - $36.05 p/hr|
|Location :||Brisbane Inner City|
|Contact name:||Cassie Grace, 3153 4489|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
- Deliver exceptional, proactive customer service to help create a seamless, consistent and compelling visitor experience. This includes welcoming and orientating visitors, providing customised information and recommendations, assisting with enquiries and facilitating engagement with objects, exhibitions, programs and museum staff.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge relevant to visitors about Queensland Museum, including permanent displays, exhibitions and programs.
- Facilitate enquiries about amenities, public transport and other cultural attractions.
- Engage visitors on tours with interpretation curated by the museum team.
- Process ticket sales and visitor entry to exhibition, events and programs.
- Assist visitors with use of technology for interpretation and evaluation.
- Promote and conduct visitor survey evaluations.
- Promote memberships, upcoming programs, tours and events.
- Manage visitor complaints and issues, resolving where possible or escalating where necessary.
- Monitor galleries and exhibition spaces, visitor behaviour and wellbeing, identify and report incidents, risks and hazards.
- Participate in daily briefings, debriefings, evaluations, team meetings and training to support the improvement of the museum’s visitor experience.
- Proactively assess and assist visitor flow by moving and setting signage and queuing systems.
- Comply with COVID19 policies and procedures including regular supervision, cleaning and maintenance of the workspace.
- Ensure Conditions of Entry are adhered to and maintain the Museum’s security and emergency management procedures,
- Support functions, events and activities including set up and pack down, demonstrating a manual handling capacity commensurate with the duties of the position.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN WHS policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
Nil* – *Formal studies or experience relevant to exhibition content will be highly regarded
Employment screening: criminal history, a Working with Children (Blue Card), and previous discipline history check will be undertaken.
Your application for this role will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies which may be at an alternative location or alternative employment basis (full-time or part-time).
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.