The Visitor Services and Front of House Front of House deliver a range of services to National Museum of Australia visitors, both on and offsite. These services are provided by paid staff and unpaid staff (Volunteers).
The Visitor Services and Front of House Front of House key areas of responsibility are:
- Safety and evacuation services of the public areas at the Acton site
- Customer service excellence, through the delivery of interpretation and information services
- Specific task based services required for the day-to-day operation of the Museum and its exhibits
- A first line security presence
- Administration and switchboard services
- Delivery of revenue raising services (guided tours, venue hire and catering services)
- Management of bookings for events, functions, tours, education programs, venue hire, internal meeting rooms, cars, facilities maintenance
- Management of volunteer services for all Museum sites including the PS Enterprise
Maintaining diversity is important for us. Our team needs to reflect the diversity of our visiting public and the Australian experience displayed in the Museum.
Apply at APS Jobs
These positions involve standing for long periods, at least three hours at a time on hard surfaces. Successful candidates will be required to satisfactorily meet the inherent requirements of the position and satisfactorily pass a medical examination. This is a rostered position over a 28-day period. It includes regular work on weekends and public holidays and occasional evening work.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Non-ongoing for up to 18 months, with a possibility of an extension.