Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
Our Visitor Services Manager plays an integral role in the operational management of the Auckland Museum. This role is responsible for our team of visitor hosts and bookings team to ensure that our visitors have the best experience while here at Auckland Museum. This is a fixed-term 12 month full time role.
Responsibilities for this busy and diverse role include:
- Leading a vibrant visitor services
- Guiding our visitor services and bookings team to impeccable service standards
- Preparing and managing budgets
- Managing visitor compliments and complaints
- Proactively engage with a wide range of cultures and traditions
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be people management savvy with at least three years leadership experience in a customer service environment
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and tikanga
- Have excellent negotiation, communication and relationships skills
- Think strategically with a demonstrated ability to develop and align department policies with organisational direction
- Be resilient, action orientated and have high personal standards and integrity
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 5810
YOU MUST APPLY VIA OUR CAREERS SITE. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.