Visitor Services Officer – WAM
|Closing date:||December 9, 2021|
|Institution:||Western Australian Museum|
|Salary:||VSO2, Government Services (Misc) General Agreement, $57,106.85 - $58,077.15 per annum|
|Location :||WA Museum Boola Bardip|
|Contact name:||Shannon Humphreys|
We are seeking to establish a pool of casuals
As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
The Western Australian Museum is a vibrant centre of inspiration, learning and enjoyment for everyone. It preserves, documents and shares collections relating to the State’s natural and cultural heritage. It collaborates with people across Western Australia to share the stories and voices of diverse communities. It works alongside national and international organisations, contributing to global research, promoting life-long learning, and developing and hosting world-class exhibitions.
About the role
A Visitor Services Officer provides a welcoming environment and high-quality experience for Museum Visitors.
Having opened in November 2020, WA Museum Boola Bardip shares the stories of our people, our places and our role in the world. As a Visitor Services Officer, you will be central to every visitor’s journey, helping to create dynamic experiences and lasting memories.
Outstanding customer service skills, a commitment to teamwork, and the ability to communicate information in a meaningful and engaging manner to a diverse range of visitors are essential in this role.
Are you a confident, outgoing ‘people person’ with a can-do attitude and a flair for great customer service? Would you like to work in Perth’s new, stand-out attraction? This could be the opportunity for you!
The WA Museum is committed to creating a diverse workforce so we can properly share Western Australia’s stories.
If you would like to be part of our team, we want to hear from you. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; from a multicultural background; or speak another language, we want to hear from you. If you love museums and want to share the amazing stories of Western Australia and its people, we want to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Provide excellent customer service for visitors, responding to their needs in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide specialised tours and assist with interpretive programs that contribute to visitors’ understanding and enjoyment of the Museum.
- Present information to visitors in an engaging and educational manner, ensuring accuracy and respect for the cultural and historical significance of exhibits.
- Assist with the setup of special events, functions and activities.
- Process ticketing sales and provide booking assistance.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and ensure the Museum precinct is well maintained. This includes but is not limited to cleaning and reporting maintenance issues.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsWA.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.