Volunteer and Museum Experience Supervisor
This position supports the Manager Museum Experience and the Coordinator Volunteers and Museum Experience to meet the Museum Experience objectives.
The roles includes day-to-day administration of the Museum Experience team, including staffing, workflows and rosters, determining daily priorities, mentoring and developing staff and volunteers, and supervision of front of house operations including reception, retail and visitor experience.
This position works 7hrs 30min per day on a fixed 28 day roster pattern, including regular weekend shifts (two weekends out of every four) and some public holidays. You will receive 21.5% commuted penalties in addition to your base salary each fortnight.
The key duties of the position include:
- Supervise day-to-day operations and coordination of the Museum Experience (ME) team to achieve visitor experience objectives. Daily duties will include briefing Museum Experience Officer (APS3 MEOs); identifying and resourcing daily priorities; supervising MEOs and supporting front of house functions, including retail; and responsibility as the senior office on site on weekends and public holidays, where rostered.
- Maintain MEO and volunteer rosters, records and database. Provide leadership and support in the use and implementation of systems used by the ME Team eg point of sale, retail stock management, bookings and rosters.
- Arrange and organise MEO and volunteer related meetings and events. Assist with the development and implementation of training programs for the Museum Experience team, including volunteers.
- Actively participate in the review, development and implementation of public programs, including performance of association administrative duties. This may involve taking a leadership role in project teams.
- Maintain effective communication with the Museum Experience team, volunteers, other teams, retail suppliers, contractors and tenants, using a variety of methods and information channels.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.