WA Museum Boola Bardip free ballot
The new WA Museum Boola Bardip. Source: Western Australian Museum.
Be the first to visit your new museum: WA Museum Boola Bardip, Western Australian Museum, September 2020
The new Western Australian Museum will open its doors to the public on Saturday 21 November with a new building and a new name: WA Museum Boola Bardip.
Located at the heart of the Perth Cultural Centre on Whadjuk Nyoongar land, Boola Bardip means ‘many stories’ in local Nyoongar language.
The free ballot
The ticket ballot will be open from 9am Monday 7 September until 11.59pm on Wednesday 30 September. Tickets will be selected randomly from all registered entrants during this period, so do not worry about having to be the first to register!
Successful entrants will be notified in October by email and given the opportunity to select a preferred date and time to visit. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a ticket for the opening celebration you can still visit soon, as the new Museum will be open from Monday 30 November with free general entry, as often as you like, for at least the first 18 months.
Four years after the original Museum closed for redevelopment, we anticipate that there will be a big demand from visitors. To avoid a crush, we are running a free ballot for people to visit during a nine-day opening celebration that begins on Saturday 21 November.
Successful ballot entrants, who are entitled to up to six tickets each, will enjoy a self-guided tour, lasting about two hours that will give a taste of everything the Museum has to offer, including:
- New exhibitions that explore the rich diversity of Western Australia’s cultural and natural heritage.
- Thousands of objects from the Museum’s collection.
- Many stories and perspectives, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and those of WA’s multicultural population.
- Innovative and interactive technology.
- A stunning new architectural build designed by international consortium Hassell + OMA.
Become a Museum member
The Western Australian Museum runs seven public museums and they belong to all Western Australians. This is why we are launching a free Museum Membership program as we want everyone to be part of the WA Museum family. Everyone who registers for the ballot will automatically join this new membership program. Of course, if you don’t wish to receive member communications you can opt out during ballot registration, and you can opt out of membership at any time after the registration process. However, we believe that you will want to take advantage of the benefits of this program, which include:
- Entry to a major annual prize draw for a WA Museum Boola Bardip experience like no other, including a private, after-hours tour and fully catered dinner under the blue whale for you and 30 friends.
- Early notification of upcoming exhibitions and events for all Western Australian Museum locations.
- A monthly email newsletter with the latest Museum news, research and announcements.
- Special discounts and offers.
To register for the Ballot, Ballot conditions, and Ballot FAQ’s click here.