Housed in one of Australia’s most prominent national heritage-listed buildings, the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House seeks to provide a range of innovative exhibitions, tours, interpretation, education programs and public activities that will inspire and challenge visitors to explore democracy from its ancient roots to the present day and possible futures.
Positioned within the Digital Engagement and IT team, the Web Content Strategist will lead the user experience and content strategy approach for the Museum of Australian Democracy’s web presence. This role will primarily support the website redevelopment project, developing the information architecture for the new website, producing new and updated content, establishing content governance processes and documentation, and making recommendations that improve the user experience.
The Digital Engagement and IT Team is responsible for public-facing digital experiences onsite and online, and the IT footprint for the Museum. The Team manages onsite interactive experiences, social media and the Museum’s online presence, enriching audience experiences, building communities, and improving efficiencies.
- Assist in the development and manage the implementation of content strategy for the Museum’s refreshed web presence
- Conduct a content audit, user research and internal research to identify and align user and business needs, and inform the content approach for the website redevelopment project
- Develop and implement new information architecture
- Lead content design and publishing in development/staging environments (adding page descriptions, metadata descriptions, optimising pages for SEO, updating links)
- Assist in testing the new web platform from a user experience perspective
- Research and work with subject matter experts to update existing content and produce new content that is inclusive, accessible, accurate, engaging and written in line with the DTA Content Guide
- Develop and implement a plan to research, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of content with audiences in a continuous improvement model
- Support MoAD staff with web content writing and publishing
- Develop content governance processes, documentation and resources that account for the entire content lifecycle, and train the Museum in their use
For more information or to apply visit the MoAD website.