- Janet Carding, ‘What can Museums learn from nonprofit leadership’, museum geek, 2 August 2012. The then Director and CEO, Royal Ontario Museum, shares insights from attending a Harvard Business School executive course on Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management.
- Graham Nahkies, Getting on Board: A Governance resource guide for arts organisations,
Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa, Revised 2014
- Mathew Davies (NFSA), David Fitzgerald (AWM), Gina Grey (NAA), Dominique Nagy (NGA) and Deb Sulway (OPH), ‘Culture is not a Department – The Role of Governance in National Cultural Institutions’, 2009. The document outlines the principles for good governance in the public sector for national cultural institutions. Read here: Culture is not a dept
- Robert Hewison, ‘Not a Sideshow: Leadership and Cultural Value – A matrix for change’, DEMOS, 2006. See Cultural Leadership DEMOS
- Nesta, ‘Mentoring in the creative sector: industry insights’, 27 February 2014
- Andrew Stephens, ‘Storage woes: space is an increasing problem for our museums and galleries’, The Age, January 5 2014
- Sunny Widmann, Getting Unstuck: Developing Skills to Climb the Leadership Ladder, Field Notes, Nov 4 2013
- Kate Clark, ‘When Friends go Feral’, artsHub, 6 November 2013. Volunteers, Friend associations and governance.