ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for communications strategy and messages that enhance the reputation of the Royal Exhibition Building and Museum Victoria.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Substantial experience in the planning and implementation of community, media and stakeholder communications in capital works projects.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing communications campaigns targeting multiple stakeholder groups.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with particular emphasis on communicating with stakeholders and the media.
- Proven ability to generate positive media coverage, including developing appropriate media angles and stories. Proven results working across a variety of digital channels.
- An ability to effectively develop internal and external networks with stakeholder groups and manage communications in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality, communicate ideas succinctly, and represent the organisation effectively.
- An ability to work autonomously and in cross-functional teams, co-ordinating multiple tasks and working to competing deadlines.
- The successful applicant is required to undergo a Working with Children Check and be assessed as suitable (new employees are required to meet this cost).
Demonstrated experience in capital works projects will be highly regarded
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Carolyn Jones on 03 8341 7153.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/.